Wednesday, February 14
5:30 p.m. Family Service in the Chapel with Imposition of Ashes. The Rev. Rachel Pedersen preaching.
6:00-7:30 p.m. Wednesday Night Dinner served in Congregational Hall. Cost: $8/adults, $5/students and children. All welcome.
7:30 p.m. Service in the Chapel with Imposition of Ashes. The Rev. Dr. Agnes Norfleet preaching.
2018 Lenten Devotional
Our 2018 Lenten Devotional booklet offers daily Scripture readings and enriching, contemplative devotions to guide your journey through the 40 days of Lent. Written by our pastoral staff and members of the BMPC congregation for the days between Ash Wednesday and Easter, copies are available in our Ministries Center or Sanctuary. View a PDF for the devotional here.
Wednesday Vesper Worship
Wednesdays, February 21 and 28, March 7, 14 and 21
Gather in the Chapel at 7:00 p.m. for a simple service of music, prayer, scripture and silence led by the pastors.
Sunday Lenten Study
Handel’s Messiah: Sun., Feb. 25-March 18, 11:15 a.m., Congregational Hall. Through careful reading of the scripture and a reflection on Handel’s musical interpretation of the text, we will walk through the season of Lent together. As we examine the pieces that make up what are considered the Easter portions of the Messiah, we will be joined by our Chancel Choir section leaders who will sing each piece for us. Presented by the Rev. Rebecca Kirkpatrick and Jeffrey Brillhart, Director of Music and Fine Arts.
Sun., March 18: Choir Concert: Bach Choir of Bethlehem, 4:00 p.m., Sanctuary. Tickets: https://bit.ly/BachChoirofBethlehem
Join us for worship as we walk through Jesus’ final days on Earth and celebrate the Good News of Easter.
Palm Sunday, March 25
- 8:00 a.m. Worship with Communion, Chapel
- 9:45 a.m. Children ages 2 - Kindergarten meet in classrooms and children grades 1 - 5 meet in Chapel for Palm Sunday Procession
- 10:00 a.m. Worship with Children’s Palm Procession, Sanctuary.
- 11:00 a.m. All-Church Brunch, Congregational Hall
- 11:00 a.m. Family Egg Hunt, Gymnasium
- No Wednesday Night Dinner this week (March 28).
Maundy Thursday, March 29
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Labyrinth Walk, Gym
- 5:30 p.m. Family Service with Communion, Chapel
- 6:00 p.m. Simple Supper in Congregational Hall. Free-will offering.
- 7:30 p.m. Worship with Communion, Sanctuary. The Rev. Franklyn C. Pottorff preaching; music led by the Bryn Mawr Chamber Singers.
Good Friday, March 30
- 8:00 a.m. - noon. Labyrinth Walk, Gymnasium
- 12:00 noon. Worship led by BMPC Youth, Sanctuary
- 7:30 p.m. Tenebrae Service: The Sanctuary Choir presents Dale Wood’s “Service of Darkness,” Sanctuary. The Rev. Dr. Agnes W. Norfleet preaching.
Easter Sunday, April 1
- 6:30 a.m. Sunrise Service on the Front Lawn. The Rev. Rachel Pedersen preaching.
- 7:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast, Ed. Bldg. Lobby
- 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 a.m. Worship with Choir and Easter Brass in the Sanctuary. The Rev. Dr. Agnes W. Norfleet preaching.
If you have any questions about our church or our Lenten services and events, please call 610-525-2821.