Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church is a large and growing congregation of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) who gather together from across the Philadelphia region to witness to the love of God in Jesus Christ. While some are lifelong Presbyterians, some come from other Christian traditions and backgrounds, or no religious background at all. We welcome the seeker, the pious, and the skeptic alike.
Our campus is a place to gather, learn, serve, and grow as disciples.
We’re confident you’ll find a way to experience and share God’s love at BMPC. Come join us!
Our Mission Statement
We are a community of faith, challenged, strengthened and transformed by the God who is revealed to us in Christ. We...
- welcome all who would follow Christ
- prefer truth to complacency
- strive to connect faith and life
- serve and leaven the church, community, and wider world through compassionate and empowering ministries.
BMPC at a Glance
- One Pastor/Head of Staff; five associate pastors; A congregation with more than 2,000 members.
- Priorities include reflecting the inclusive love of Christ, theological integrity, strength from the pulpit, outreach and service, and concern for social justice.
- Organized in 1873. Celebrated 125 years by creating an Urban/Suburban Partnership with West Philadelphia churches.
- Strong commitment to outreach and mission evidenced by an annual commitment of more than $1 million to benevolences.
- Adult education classes to encourage theological inquiry, moral discourse, and discussion of contemporary issues facing the church and society.
- Internationally recognized adult choir (Sanctuary Choir). Handbell choirs, youth and children’s choirs, concert series, Bryn Mawr Chamber Singers , Singing for Life (for senior adults), and art exhibits.
- Children and Family Ministry (birth–Grade 5) that includes nursery care, Sunday School classes beginning at age 2, Worship Together Sundays, family programming, summer Vacation Bible Camp, and Weekday Preschool classes.
- Dynamic year-round program for youth (Grades 6-12) including summer camp and mission/work trips.
- Caregiving programs offered by our Caring Ministries.