Youth Ministry special events are designed to complement youth worship, formation and fellowship opportunities. Gathering together outside of the normal patterns of church life to celebrate and serve alongside one another empowers youth to build new relationships, try new things and effect positive change in our community.
Youth Ministry special events and retreats are designed to complement regular youth worship, formation and fellowship opportunities. Gathering together outside of the normal patterns of church life to celebrate and serve alongside one another empowers youth to build new relationships, try new things and effect positive change in our community.
- December 16 - All Youth Christmas Party, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Gymnasium
- January 19-21 - High School Winter Retreat, Kirkwood Camp, Stroudsburg, PA
- February 3 - All Youth Super Bowl Party, Pastor David’s Manse
- February 24 - High School Parent Discussion Group, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m., Witherspoon Parlor
- March 1 - High School Movie Night, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., Witherspoon Parlor
- March 1-2 - Middle School Lock-in, Gymnasium, Congregational Hall
- April 19 - Youth Led Good Friday Worship Service, 12:00 p.m., Sanctuary
- May 5 - 5th Grade Step-up Dinner, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Congregational Hall
- May 12 - Confirmation Expo, 11:15 a.m., Gymnasium
- May 19 - Children’s & Youth End of Year Cookout, 11:15 a.m., Front Lawn (rain location: Gymnasium)
2019 Summer Camp and Mission Trips
- Intergenerational Mission trip to Durham, NC, July 14-20, 2019: Participants in this year’s mission trip will work with Farm Church, which is one of our congregation’s mission partners. “Farm Church is a church that meets on a farm and leverages the resources of that farm to address food insecurity.” Youth in grades 6-8 are welcome to join the mission team along with a parent or guardian; high schoolers (grades 9-12) are welcome to sign up on their own as trip participants. Full and partial scholarships are available for all youth.
- Camp Kirkwood, August 4-10, 2019: Our annual week-long summer camp is a sleep-away experience in the Poconos. Our vibrant camp tradition is spearheaded by a carrying team of BMPC staff and volunteer leaders. Camp provides a wonderful opportunity for youth at all levels of church involvement to build life-long relationships, experience the joy of the outdoors and ask bold questions about life and faith in a safe and supportive environment. This year’s worship theme, “I.D.R.E.A.M.,” will reflect on the camp experience through the lens of our new list of core values: Inclusion, Discipleship, Responsibility, Engagement, Affirmation and Mission.