BMPC at a Glance
- One Pastor/Head of Staff and five associate pastors. A congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) with more than 2,500 members.
- Priorities include reflecting the inclusive love of Christ, theological integrity, strength from the pulpit, outreach and service, and concern for social justice.
- Organized in 1873. Celebrated 125 years by creating an Urban/Suburban Partnership with West Philadelphia churches.
- Strong commitment to outreach and mission evidenced by an annual commitment of more than $1 million to benevolences.
- Adult education classes to encourage theological inquiry, moral discourse, and discussion of contemporary issues facing the church and society.
- Internationally recognized adult choir (Sanctuary Choir). Handbell choirs, youth and children’s choirs, concert series, Bryn Mawr Chamber Singers, Singing for Life (for senior adults), and art exhibits.
- Children and Family Ministry (birth–Grade 5) that includes nursery care, Sunday School classes beginning at age 2, Worship Together Sundays, family programming, summer Vacation Bible Camp, and Weekday Preschool classes.
- Dynamic year-round program for youth (Grades 6-12) including summer camp and mission/work trips.
- Interest groups and spiritually enriching programs sponsored by Presbyterian Women; discussion groups for men.
- Caregiving programs offered by our Care Manager and the Middleton Center for Pastoral Care and Counseling.
- Community Forum Distinguished Speaker Series.
- Initiatives that support peacemaking, hunger, the homeless, and the environment.